My Mom's book!!

Bread in a Bag #2

THRIVE Products

Powered by Blogger.

Start Shopping

Tomato Soup



I don't like sweet tomato soup, such as Campbells, so I was never a tomato soup person. However, I had a craving. So I whipped this up and it was FANTASTIC! Made enough to feed our family of 5 and then I froze the left overs in a freezer bag for another meal. We also ate biscuits with this. It was a nice, light meal. And very cost effective! A great meal for a budget.



  • 7 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomato or a #10 can of tomatoes
  • 1 cup finely chopped carrots
  • 1/2 cup THRIVE onion
  • 1 (13.75 ounce) can chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons sea salt
  • 2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


I used 1 #10 can of cooked/peeled tomatoes and blended them in the Vita-Mix until smooth, then poured into pot with chicken broth.  I also added a few pieces of dehydrated garlic I have on hand. Add remaining ingredients to taste, let simmer for about 20 minutes and garnish with croutons.  You could also add dried basil to this. I didn't and I'm glad, I didn't want this to taste like spaghetti sauce.

0 comments: